If you were injured shopping at Whole Foods in the New Orleans Louisiana area, you may be wondering what to do next. Whole Foods is owned by Amazon. You may have been contacted by the claims adjuster to check on you and try to negotiate your claim.
It’s important to get a legal consultation from a New Orleans premise liability attorney before talking to any insurance company or any claims adjuster because they may try to prematurely compromise or settle your case. Additionally, these companies have teams of individuals who may be investigating your claim; their goal is trying to prove that they are not at fault and may be using your interview to do just that without you knowing.
What to Do if You are Injured at Whole Foods in Louisiana?
- The first thing you need to do if you are injured at Whole Foods is to request an employee get you medical attention if you need it. The employees at Whole Foods can help you to call 911 and securing an EMT to get you immediate medical attention from a hopsital.
- Report the accident to an employee of Whole Foods. Whole Foods requires that their employees perform an investigation into the accident by taking your written statement, taking photographs, reviewing and preserving video evidence,
- Do not write or sign a statement when asked by the Whole Foods employee if you do not feel well enough to do it. Sometimes after a fall, you may be physically or mentally unable to write a written statement. You do not have to. Either way, these companies may attempt to use this statement against you if you later make a claim.
- Get the names of any employee of Whole Foods who was on duty, in the area of the fall, or who took your statements.
- Gather your own evidence while you are at Dhole Foods and after you leave Whole Foods . Even if the company is gathering evidence, this does not mean you cannot gather your own. Not every part of the store is able to be captured on surveillance and not every employee gathers witness information perfectly. If you are able to, take your own photographs and video and get the identity and phone numbers of all available witnesses.
- Do not give a recorded statement to Whole Foods or its claims adjusters. Whole Foods will make contact with you within 24 hours to check on you. They may also have a claims adjuster check on you. You are not required to speak with them. In fact, in the days after a serious injury, it is possibly you are heavily medicated, so it does not make sense to give a recorded statement that can later be used against you.
- Do not accept an early settlement. In Louisiana, you have a year before you have to file a claim against hole Foods . There is no rush to settle your claim, especially before you know the nature and extent of your injuries.
How Do I make a Claim against Whole Foods in New Orleans Louisiana?
Whole Foods typically have an insurance company or in house adjusters who will fight you on any type of claim you attempt to make, it is important to consult an experienced injury attorney who knows the best way to litigate these cases and to help you make a claim against Whole Foods.
Your lawyer will help you to:
- Evaluate your injury and fall and let you know if it is a case that is a valid claim against Whole Foods.
- Gather evidence and make sure that Walmart does not destroy evidence that would affect your claim against Whole Foods.
- Negotiate your case with the insurance company and try to resolve it without having to file a lawsuit.
- Filing a lawsuit against Whole Foods and taking your case to trial to get you the compensation you deserve.
At Kiefer & Kiefer, we have handled many cases against Whole Foods. We know what we have to prove to get you compensation, and we will gather the evidence to pressure Whole Foods to give you what you deserve. And if they do not, we have a team of experienced trial lawyers ready to take your case to trial.