Wrongful Death Claim Lawyer New Orleans, LA
Losing a loved one is already hard enough, and a New Orleans, LA wrongful death claim lawyer can empathize with the added pain of realizing someone you deeply cherish was taken before their time. Wrongful death happens when a person or party is responsible for why another’s life was lost. There are limitless situations in which this can occur, but we have gone into further detail below. If you suspect that your loved one died as the result of another’s recklessness or negligence, then we encourage you to reach out to us at Kiefer & Kiefer for a consultation. Your family could be owed compensation for all you have endured. And while payment cannot undo the damage done, it can at least financially support you as you go through this period of grief.
Car accidents happen frequently all across the roadways of the United States, and beyond. If a driver was speeding, tailgating, running a red light, or otherwise being careless and caused an accident to happen, then they could be liable for any wrongful death that ensued. People can get seriously injured in car collisions, and it may turn fatal. If your loved one was in a car accident with someone else and that other driver was at-fault, now is the time to speak with a New Orleans wrongful death claim lawyer about pursuing justice.
Commercial trucks are hefty vehicles that often are carrying around substantial weight. Due to the difference in size and weight between a truck and passenger vehicle, in the event of a crash, it isn’t uncommon for those in the car to suffer the most injury. A truck driver may have been fatigued, distracted, speeding, or engaging in another behavior that was putting the safety of others on the road at risk. If your relative was in a truck collision and lost their life, please contact us right away for help. We can handle the legal aspect while you take care of yourself and your family.
It’s an unfortunate reality that sometimes doctors make grave mistakes that affect the wellbeing of their patients. Whether the error was intentional or not, it doesn’t matter. To have grounds for a medical malpractice wrongful death case the doctor must have strayed from the standard expected in the medical community, which led to the patient’s death. Examples of medical malpractice can be related to prescription mistakes, surgical mishaps, incorrect or delayed diagnosis, misinterpreting lab results, and more.
Kiefer & Kiefer
Losing someone you care for deeply because of someone else’s mistake can be almost intolerable to bear. But with support from a New Orleans wrongful death claim lawyer, you can focus on yourself and your family as we pursue justice on behalf of your family member taken before their natural time. We understand the complicated and delicate nature of wrongful death cases, and are ready to come to your aid. To speak with a dedicated team member, contact us at Kiefer & Kiefer today.
Wrongful Death Claim Lawyer in New Orleans, LA: Seeking Justice for Your Loved Ones
Experienced Advocates in New Orleans
Working with a New Orleans, LA wrongful death claim lawyer can ensure you receive the proper compensation following the untimely death of a loved one. At Kiefer & Kiefer, we are dedicated to helping you seek justice for your loved ones during this challenging time.
Understanding Wrongful Death Claims
Wrongful death claims are legal actions brought against a party or parties believed to be responsible for the death of an individual due to their negligence or intentional actions. The purpose of these claims is to provide family members with an avenue to seek compensation and justice following the death of a loved one.
What Can Constitute a Wrongful Death
Determining whether a situation constitutes a wrongful death can be complex. However, while every case can be different, a New Orleans wrongful death claim lawyer often looks for the following elements:
- Negligence or Wrongful Act Occurred: It must be shown that the death was caused by the negligence or wrongful act of another party. This can include actions such as reckless driving, medical malpractice, or product defects.
- Duty of Care Was Owed: The responsible party must have owed a duty of care to the deceased. For instance, doctors have a duty of care to their patients, and drivers have a duty to follow traffic laws.
- Causation: There must be a direct link between the negligent or wrongful act and the death. Determining causation is a crucial factor when determining if someone can be held liable for wrongful death.
- Surviving Family Members Suffered Damages: To pursue a wrongful death claim, surviving family members must have suffered damages as a result of the death. Certain damages can include funeral costs, medical bills while the victim was still alive, compensation for emotional distress, and more.
In wrongful death claims, determining liability is a critical step. It involves gathering evidence, witness statements, and expert testimonies to establish that the responsible party was indeed negligent or engaged in wrongful actions. Our attorneys can launch detailed and extensive investigations, ensuring we leave no stone unturned, in determining liability.
Compensation in Wrongful Death Claims
Compensation in wrongful death claims can cover various losses, including:
- Medical Expenses: If the deceased incurred medical bills before their passing, these expenses can be included in the claim.
- Funeral and Burial Costs: The costs associated with funeral and burial services can be substantial and are often recoverable.
- Lost income: When a loved one passes away, often, their family may find it harder to financially survive due to that loved one contributing to the home’s overall income. In a wrongful death case, it’s possible for the family to obtain lost income or wages.
- Pain and Suffering: Surviving family members may be eligible to seek compensation for their emotional suffering and loss of companionship.
- Punitive Damages: In some cases, punitive damages may be awarded to punish the responsible party for their reckless or intentional actions
If you believe you have a wrongful death claim, it’s crucial to seek legal guidance promptly. We are committed to helping you seek justice, protect your rights, and secure the compensation you deserve during this challenging time. Your path to closure and healing begins with us. Contact Kiefer & Kiefer today to schedule a consultation with an experienced New Orleans wrongful death claim lawyer!