Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer New Orleans, LA
A New Orleans, LA motor vehicle accident lawyer has seen the way that victims of accidents can get taken advantage of by insurance adjusters. In the few days after reporting the car accident to your insurance company, an insurance adjuster will contact you. This person may come off friendly and concerned for your wellbeing, when in reality, they are hoping to reduce the value of your claim. You want to avoid saying something to an insurance adjuster that can be misconstrued to affect your case. Because this conversation is so important, it isn’t uncommon for clients to ask us for help. For guidance after a serious car wreck, contact Kiefer & Kiefer as soon as possible. Here are some tips on what to do, and not do, when speaking with an insurance adjuster.
Record The Conversation
If you can, use an application on your phone to record the conversation between you and the insurance adjuster. Getting frustrated, angry, or yelling at them won’t help your case, even if you know they don’t have the best of intentions. Let the adjuster know that you are recording. But you don’t have a way to record the conversation, then write down what was discussed after hanging up. Keep copies of other communication between you and an insurance company, such as emails or letters in the mail.
Be calm and respectful during your conversation with an insurance adjuster, despite knowing they are not on your side. Remember that the adjuster may come off very friendly and ask about your injuries. Do not let this appealing tone fool you into trusting them with everything you say. If you are worried about your ability to say the right thing, a New Orleans motor vehicle accident lawyer can handle this conversation with an adjuster instead.
Limit The Details
One of the purposes of an adjuster contacting you is to gather information about your injuries and the accident itself. However, keep in mind that the adjuster will be looking for ways to use your words against you. You can protect yourself by limiting how much additional information you give them. Only provide the least amount of personal details possible and do not offer more than what is required of you. If you do not know the answer to a question they ask, simply say that you are not sure. Never admit or accept fault by apologizing for the accident.
Help At Kiefer & Kiefer
Being in a motor vehicle accident can be stressful, painful, and expensive. We hope that if you require legal support that you contact a New Orleans motor vehicle accident lawyer about a consultation. Some people go through the process of handling an accident without representation from a lawyer. However, this can work against your case. It’s ideal to have someone at your side who is familiar with state laws and victim’s rights. If you need help, the team at Kiefer & Kiefer is ready to take your call. Reach out today to reserve your appointment.
Trusted Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer in New Orleans, LA: Your Legal Support
Your Dedicated Legal Partner in New Orleans
Following a motor vehicle accident, it’s essential to have a New Orleans, LA motor vehicle accident lawyer on your side who can help you obtain the necessary compensation you’re eligible for. At Kiefer & Kiefer, we are your dedicated legal partners, committed to advocating for your rights and helping you secure the compensation you deserve.
Understanding Motor Vehicle Accident Cases
It’s important to keep in mind that motor vehicle accidents encompass a wide range, meaning you want an attorney who can understand your case’s specifics. These cases typically involve seeking compensation for injuries and damages resulting from the negligence or reckless actions of another party.
The Role of a Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer
A motor vehicle accident lawyer plays a vital role in helping you navigate the complexities of your case. By working with an experienced New Orleans motor vehicle accident lawyer, you’ll benefit from someone who can:
- Conduct Thorough Investigations: We investigate the circumstances of your accident, collect evidence, and determine liability.
- Negotiate with Insurance Companies: Our lawyers negotiate with insurance companies to ensure you receive a fair settlement that covers your medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages.
- Provide Litigation Support: If negotiations do not result in a satisfactory outcome, we are prepared to take your case to court and advocate for your rights before a judge and jury.
Types of Compensation in Motor Vehicle Accident Cases
Following a motor vehicle accident, you or your loved one can obtain compensation for the following:
- Medical Expenses: Medical expenses can range from medical bills, surgeries, rehabilitation, payment for medical equipment, and more.
- Lost Income: If your injuries prevent you from working, you may be eligible to seek compensation for lost wages, including future earning potential.
- Pain and Suffering: Compensation for physical and emotional pain and suffering endured as a result of the accident.
- Property Damage: If your vehicle or personal property was damaged in the accident, you can seek compensation for repair or replacement costs.
- Other Damages: Additional damages may include loss of consortium, loss of enjoyment of life, or punitive damages, depending on the circumstances of your case.
Determining Liability in Motor Vehicle Accident Cases
Establishing liability in motor vehicle accident cases involves proving that another party was negligent or acted recklessly, leading to the accident. Three of the major elements to determine if the other party was acting recklessly or with neglect are:
- Duty of Care: The at-fault party owed you a duty of care, such as following traffic laws or driving responsibly.
- Breach of Duty: The at-fault party breached their duty of care through negligence, reckless actions, or violations of traffic laws.
- Causation: The breach of duty directly caused the accident and your resulting injuries.
If you’ve been involved in a motor vehicle accident in New Orleans, LA, don’t navigate the legal process alone. Contact Kiefer & Kiefer today to schedule a consultation with our experienced motor vehicle accident lawyers. We are here to support you, protect your rights, and guide you toward the compensation you rightfully deserve. Reach out to a New Orleans motor vehicle accident lawyer by giving us a call today!