Serious Injury Lawyer New Orleans, LA
There are many reasons to seek assistance from a New Orleans, LA serious injury lawyer after an accident. At Kiefer & Kiefer, we have seen first-hand the impacts that accidents can have on a person’s wellbeing, mental health, property, and finances. When a certain person, company, or other party is responsible for why an injury accident occurred, they should be held liable for the way others have suffered. If you aren’t sure whether your situation warrants contacting a lawyer, there is no risk in just getting a consultation. At least then you will know whether you have grounds to sue the at-fault person, and what steps to take next. If you want to reserve your appointment slot, please do not hesitate to reach out.
People drive recklessly all the time. Drivers can be seen zipping to and from, tailgating too close behind other vehicles, plowing through stop signs and street lights, and other dangerous maneuvers. If you were in an accident and the other drive is at-fault, then it’s wise to consider our services. Unfortunately, insurance companies are for-profit and victims may not get the amount of compensation they need to overcome the accident. We can speak with insurance adjusters, advocate for your side, and negotiate a fair settlement award. We know that right now you may be injured, in need of legal advice, and could benefit from guidance. We are only an email or phone call away.
Slip and Fall
Owners and employees of properties are responsible for keeping a space safe. So whether you slipped and fell at the grocery store, parking lot, friend’s apartment, cruise ship, or some other property, it’s worth considering who could be at-fault. As a New Orleans serious injury lawyer explains, property owners who were aware of a hazard (or should have been) on their property but failed to attend to it within a reasonable timeframe may be liable for any victim’s injuries. As an example, if you were shopping at a retail store and slipped and fell because a leak in the ceiling caused a puddle to form on the floor, then there’s a chance the property owner was negligent in attending to the hazard. In this instance, you would want to file a report with the supervisor on staff and then speak with a member of our team about pursuing compensation for your medical bills and other losses.
Seek Guidance Today
There are limitless ways that someone can get injured in an accident. Other cases that a New Orleans serious injury lawyer can take on include 18-wheeler accidents, hurricanes and insurance, wrongful death, premises liability, and more. Ultimately, if you suffered harm and someone else is responsible, then getting a consultation with us is recommended. Find assurance in knowing we are here to advocate for you and protect you from being taken advantage of by insurance companies and other parties who do not have your best interest at heart. If you are ready to have your questions and concerns addressed by a dedicated legal professional, our team at Kiefer & Kiefer is waiting to hear from you.
Experienced Serious Injury Lawyer in New Orleans, LA: Advocates for Your Recovery
Your Trusted Legal Ally in New Orleans
A New Orleans, LA serious injury lawyer can help you determine liability following an injury like a car accident or slip and fall. At Kiefer & Kiefer, we stand as your trusted legal allies, committed to advocating for your rights and ensuring you receive the compensation you deserve to aid in your recovery.
Understanding Serious Injury Cases
Serious injury cases encompass a broad range of accidents and incidents that result in severe harm, often leading to long-term physical, emotional, and financial repercussions. Following a serious injury, it’s your legal right to seek compensation from the other party by proving that they were negligent in some way.
Types of Compensation in Serious Injury Cases
For serious injury cases, compensation can cover various areas, including the following:
- Medical Expenses: This includes current and future medical bills, hospital stays, surgeries, medications, rehabilitation, and assistive devices.
- Lost Income: If your injury prevents you from working, you may be eligible to seek compensation for lost wages, including future earning potential.
- Pain and Suffering: Compensation for physical and emotional pain and suffering endured as a result of the injury.
- Property Damage: If your property, such as a vehicle, was damaged in the incident leading to your injury, you can seek compensation for repair or replacement costs.
- Loss of Consortium: In some cases, family members may seek compensation for the loss of companionship and support resulting from the serious injury.
Evidence in Serious Injury Cases
Gathering evidence is crucial in building a strong case for a serious injury claim. Some examples of critical pieces of evidence may include the following:
- Medical Records: Comprehensive medical records detailing the extent of your injuries, treatment received, and future prognosis.
- Photographs: Visual evidence of the accident scene, your injuries, and property damage can be compelling.
- Witness Statements: Statements from anyone present when the accident occurred can go a long way in building your or your loved one’s case.
- Expert Testimonies: Expert witnesses, such as medical professionals or accident reconstruction specialists, can provide critical insights to support your case.
- Accident Reports: Official accident reports filed by law enforcement agencies can provide important information about the incident.
- Social Media and Communications: Evidence from social media posts or other communications related to the incident can be valuable.
Determining Liability in Serious Injury Cases
Establishing liability is essential when it comes to any serious injury case. This process involves proving that another party’s negligence or intentional actions were responsible for your injury. Our serious injury lawyers in New Orleans are adept at conducting thorough investigations to gather evidence, assess liability, and build a compelling case on your behalf.
If you’ve experienced a serious injury in New Orleans, LA, you don’t have to face the legal complexities alone. Contact Kiefer & Kiefer today to schedule a consultation with our experienced serious injury lawyers. We are ready to support you, protect your rights, and help you on your path to recovery and justice. Call our office today to work with a New Orleans serious injury lawyer.