Skip to main content


By January 12, 2022August 12th, 2022No Comments

After you are involved in an accident, one of the most frustrating things you may have to deal with is the damage to your vehicle. If your vehicle is severely damaged, this may affect your ability to get to work, school, or care for your children. If you have not had to deal with this before, you may really feel overwhelmed, especially if the insurance company does not do its part to simplify the process for you.

Too many times, we have clients come to our office disgruntled with an insurance company for messing them around on their property damage claims. In fact, just the other day, an insurance company tried to claim they only had to pay our client 90% of the damage to his vehicle (which was totaled) after their insured t-boned our insured pushing him head on into a pole. Incredibly, the insurance company blamed the other 10% of the damage on the pole!

Most lawyers do not want to help you with your property damage claim. They only want to take your injury claim so that they can make money. But, we know that being without a car only compounds suffering after an accident, so we do this for free for you in most cases.

In Louisiana, insurance companies have strict deadlines to comply with after an accident to help you with your vehicle damage. If they fail to comply, they need to pay penalties and attorneys fees. In fact, in that case where the insurance company blamed the pole for the damage, they wound up having to pay our client an extra $4,000 in penalties plus attorneys fees. Read about the requirements under Louisiana law here:

We will only charge you in the event we have to file a suit and litigate the property damage issue or get the insurance company to award attorneys fees, which means this is at no cost to you at all because we want you to be made whole after the accident.

This is being provided for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice.

Skip to content