Trip And Fall Lawyer Metairie, LA
If you were seriously injured while visiting a property, then contact a Metairie, LA trip and fall lawyer right away. We have seen the types of injuries that victims of fall accidents can sustain, everything from soft tissue wounds and broken bones to traumatic head injury and disability. When people visit a public or private property, the owner of that property owes a duty of care to visitors to keep the environment reasonably safe. If a property owner is neglectful when it comes to safety, and someone is hurt because of that, then the victim could receive financial restitution for what they have endured. If you believe that you may have a case against a property owner for a fall accident, don’t hesitate to reach out to Kiefer & Kiefer today.
Traumatic Brain Injuries
Falls are a common cause of traumatic brain injuries (TBI). This type of injury happens when the brain hits the inner surface of the skull, leading to bleeding and bruising of the brain. This bruise is referred to as a contusion, and is more serious than a bruise of other areas of the body. Conditions like these can lead to permanent changes in that person’s health and brain function. Sometimes, a TBI is fatal. Those who sustained a traumatic brain injury from a slip and fall are encouraged to learn more about their eligibility for current and future medical costs.
Wounds and Lacerations
Depending on the nature of the fall, a person may have sustained soft tissue wounds and deep lacerations. Falling on broken glass, debris, sharp metal, other dangerous items can cause wounds. These injuries may require stitches to heal, which can leave behind permanent scars. In severe cases, wounds and lacerations can result in damaged muscles, organs, nerves, or other soft tissues beneath the skin. If you suspect that a person, company, or other party is responsible for why your trip and fall happened, then we suggest having a Metairie trip and fall lawyer investigate the situation further.
The body functions best when the musculoskeletal system is healthy, strong, and aligned. After a slip and fall, a person may need to see a chiropractor for misalignments of the spine and other joints. When hitting a hard surface such as the ground or nearby objects, it can throw the musculoskeletal system off-balance. Some people may have stiffness, soreness, and reduced movement in their extremities after a slip and fall. If you think you might need to see a chiropractor for spinal misalignments, then give our team a call so that we can ensure you get the care you need and compensation to cover it.
Call Kiefer & Kiefer Today
Fall accidents should always be taken seriously. As a Metairie trip and fall lawyer explains, if a property owner failed to provide a reasonably safe environment for residents or visitors, then they could be liable for the injury and damages that people experienced. If you want to know if you have grounds for a case, consult with us at Kiefer & Kiefer today.
Trusted Trip and Fall Lawyer in Metairie, LA: Your Path to Compensation
Your Reliable Legal Partner in Metairie
Working with a Metairie, LA trip and fall lawyer can ensure that you or your loved one can obtain the compensation necessary following an accident. At Kiefer & Kiefer, we are your trusted legal partners, committed to advocating for your rights and helping you secure the compensation you deserve.
Understanding Trip and Fall Cases
Trip and fall accidents, often referred to as slip and fall accidents, are personal injury cases that occur when an individual is injured due to hazardous conditions on another party’s property. Following a trip and fall accident, it’s within your legal right to pursue compensation for any injuries sustained alongside other factors like emotional distress.
The Role of a Trip and Fall Lawyer
A trip and fall lawyer plays a crucial role in helping you navigate the legal complexities of your case. An experienced Metairie trip and fall lawyer from our team can help you with the following:
- Assess Liability: We investigate the circumstances of your accident to determine if the property owner was negligent in maintaining safe premises.
- Gather Evidence: We collect evidence, including photographs, witness statements, and accident reports, to build a strong case on your behalf.
- Handle Negotiations: Our lawyers negotiate with insurance companies and at-fault parties to secure a fair settlement that covers your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Litigation: If negotiations do not result in a satisfactory outcome, we are prepared to take your case to court and advocate for your rights before a judge and jury.
Types of Compensation in Trip and Fall Cases
Following a trip and fall case, you can obtain compensation for the following:
- Medical Expenses: This includes current and future medical bills, hospital stays, surgeries, medications, and rehabilitation.
- Lost Income: If your injury prevents you from working, you may be eligible to seek compensation for lost wages, including future earning potential.
- Pain and Suffering: Compensation for physical and emotional pain and suffering endured as a result of the injury.
- Property Damage: If personal property, such as clothing or electronic devices, was damaged in the fall, you can seek compensation for repair or replacement costs.
- Other Damages: Additional damages may include loss of consortium or loss of enjoyment of life, depending on the circumstances of your case.
Determining Liability in Trip and Fall Cases
Establishing liability in trip and fall cases involves proving that the property owner or occupier was negligent in maintaining safe conditions on their premises. Some common examples of negligence can be:
- Hazardous Condition: There was a hazardous condition on the property, such as a wet floor, uneven surface, or debris.
- Knowledge: The property owner knew or should have known about the hazardous condition but failed to address it or provide warnings.
- Causation: The hazardous condition directly caused the trip and fall accident and subsequent injuries.
If you’ve been involved in a trip and fall accident in Metairie, LA, don’t navigate the legal process alone. Contact Kiefer & Kiefer today to schedule a consultation with our experienced trip and fall lawyers. We are here to support you, protect your rights, and guide you toward the compensation you rightfully deserve. Your path to recovery and justice begins with us, and by giving us a call, you can work with a Metairie trip and fall lawyer!